Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Saab 900 as a daily

Options
  • 23-06-2015 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting an n/a Saab 900 as a daily. Is this mad? I do approx 50/60 miles a day.

The car I'm interested in is a 1993 model with about 140k miles and is a very tidy example with a long NCT. I know it's not going to be an animal performance wise but I can live with that if it's a reliable motor.

Is there anything in particular I should be wary of or need to look out for in this car?

Any enthusiasts on here or Irish owners clubs, etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

It's not mad, buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭goochy

is the classic 900 or the bland gm one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

goochy wrote: »
    is the classic 900 or the bland gm one ?

No it is the last of the old shape ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

weadick wrote: »
    Thinking of getting an n/a Saab 900 as a daily. Is this mad? I do approx 50/60 miles a day.

The car I'm interested in is a 1993 model with about 140k miles and is a very tidy example with a long NCT. I know it's not going to be an animal performance wise but I can live with that if it's a reliable motor.

Is there anything in particular I should be wary of or need to look out for in this car?

Any enthusiasts on here or Irish owners clubs, etc?

Bit late to the party on this one, but anyways

Try to get a turbo one, an lpt or a hpt, they're more fun to drive, the main killer on these cars is rust, especially on the drive tunnels, other than that they're fairly solid! they're fond of gearboxes also, but only if you drive the balls of the car all day, everyday, other than that, theyre a hoot to drive, and will keep up with anything on the road

I've a 91 lpt myself so if you want to see what I've gotten up to, here's 19 pages of fun

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057225986

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭martin gillespie

I just got a 94 , its on classic ins so wont be every day , but will get used

• Advertisement
Advertisement