Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BESS HEAR Points

Options
  • 22-06-2015 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi guys, any answers/help on this would really help put my mind at ease since I'm definitely going to be relying on HEAR to get the points for BESS.

Would any current/former BESS students have any idea of how many LC points they might let me away with? I'm definitely not going to get the 495 minimum requirement, but I might have just scraped 460.

If I end up not getting a place there, could anyone recommend some similar courses in TCD, DCU or UCD for me?

Thanks in advance for the help lads!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

There's no set amount of points they "let you away with"

There's a percentage of places in BESS, same as every course, set aside for HEAR students. You're competing against these people for a place in BESS, not the regular CAO people. You may be 100 points off the CAO points, and still get in. It depends on how many other HEAR students are going for a place in BESS. It's a popular course, so there's a good chance that several others have applied for it. If BESS is your preferred course, put it as number 1. Don't pay attention to CAO points in previous years. As a HEAR student you really need to put down your courses in order of preference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Indeed. Also to add, the 495 points is not a minimum requirement. It's simply the cut-off points for a particular year. The points for this year will all depend on the cohort that applied to BESS this year and what they get. There are a certain amount of places in a course (aside from HEAR places), and they are filled from the best CAO result downwards and that's how it goes.

Just put down the courses you genuinely want to do in the order of preference and don't look at the past points.

Advertisement