Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QCA

Options
  • 22-06-2015 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey guys, got my results this morning and I'm pretty sad..
    1F 1D2 1C3 1C2 1C3
    with a QCA of 1.64.
    If i repeat and bring my result of the f and D2 up to C3s could i get my qca of 2.0?
    Please help,I'm so sad and the thought of not going into next year!!

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

If you log into www.si.ul.ie there's a link to the manual QCA calculator. You can plug your own figures into those formulae to figure it out because it'll depend on what semester of your course you're in (later semesters count more so the figure in the formula is different AFAIK).

My assumption would be that if it's mathematically impossible to bring it over 2.0 by repeating those exams you'd have been told in the email you probably received yesterday as the decision would have already been made by the progression committee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Depending what you got in previous semester..
    Can repeat 4 I think, means you'll have to repeat everything D1 and below.
    If you've more than 4 fails or comp fails, (actually you can afford not to repeat a D1 as C2 will compensate) you may be able to scrape pass.
    What year are you in?
    I'm guessing first, in which case you need to ask yourself, is this the course for you?
    I transferred courses in UL after first year after a lot of thought and glad I did.
    It's expensive but think it'll pay dividends in the long run.
    You'll end up paying close to 600e on repeats just to go into next year which will only be harder.
    Have a chat with fam and friends and talk it out.
    Doesn't have to mean the end of college, just a reality check.

Best of luck with it :)

Advertisement