Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching Council Registration

Options
  • 22-06-2015 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Is anyone else experiencing the snails pace of the teaching council???
    I have been teaching for 12 years in the UK, past 4 years have held senior positions. I submitted my teaching council paperwork in January and I am STILL NOT REGISTERED!! My paperwork is with the "external assessor" for 2months now. I have paid nearly 600!!! Its crazy, they made me get every transcript and module descriptor ( absolute farce!). I have 3 degrees - this took a lot of time, emails, phone calls, money!! Universities aren't interested in graduates from 2002 and the modules have changed!! The amount of paperwork I had to send them was ridiculous!
    I am not missing possible job opportunities for September as a prerequisite is your registration.
    How are they allowed do this? I have had numerous friends saying to go to court with it! I
    Would love to hear if anyone else is experiencing these difficulties!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 abra1

I had a similar wait with the TC and they would really drive you to drink! I started the process back in Oct 2014, finally got all my transcripts, reading lists etc (gng back to 1998 also) from Uni in Australia.
    I lodged the application in March and my approval (conditional) came through in June.
    Now i hounded them fairly often, i dont know if it had any effect but they do pull the piss at times. Ive now lodged a review for one of the conditions so god knows how long that wait will be!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 janetmac

Its an absolute joke!!
    Have you applied for jobs with cond reg?

Advertisement