Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Progressing in showjumping

• 21-06-2015 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, so i am in the process of getting a new horse and i'm asking for advice as to how to progress in the showjumping world! I am 16 and am trying to climb my way up the ladder but it is quite hard, i don't live near a big equestrian centre and nor do i come from a family with a back round in showjumping. I would love to be competing in bigger shows rather than the small ones i have being doing all along but i just cant seem to find information about them anywhere! At the moment i am breaking a few of my neighbors horses and schooling others along with my own horses, my name is slowly getting around.
    I am very determined to get up that ladder so i am very grateful for any advice i can get!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,546 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Qualifiers, lots and lots of qualifiers. Join SJI and compete, and get sponsership. Have you ever worked for a showjumper? It might be worth doing that for a few months and see what's involved. Try to find somewhere where you can take your horse too. Oh and get contacts. Be friendly to farriers, physios etc. You never know who they know.

Advertisement