Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying for a tattoo

Options
  • 21-06-2015 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Right so I'm looking at getting a big enough tattoo, so it's gonna be pricey.

Unfortunately I'm a tad impatient so I'd prefer to slap the cost on my credit card rather than wait and save up.

So my question is; what tattoo parlours in Dublin city accept credit cards?

I can't seem to get much info from the various websites and Facebook profiles of many tattoo shops in Dublin.

It's not a deciding factor in where I go, but it would help with planning the date of inking.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

g.a.b.e. wrote: »
    Right so I'm looking at getting a bug enough tattoo, so it's gonna be pricey.

Unfortunately I'm a tad impatient so I'd prefer to slap the cost on my credit card rather than wait and save up.

So my question is; what tattoo parlours in Dublin city accept credit cards?

I can't seem to get much info from the various websites and Facebook profiles of many tattoo shops in Dublin.

It's not a deciding factor in where I go, but it would help with planning the date of inking.

Cheers

Why not just withdraw the cash from an ATM with your CC?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I would have thought any decent place is going to take credit cards be a bit weird if they didn't these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 g.a.b.e.

hallo dare wrote: »
    Why not just withdraw the cash from an ATM with your CC?

Many reasons. There's a fee for withdrawing cash. Circa €20 per withdrawal. Plus the interest on cash withdrawals is higher than purchases. And it looks bad to the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Pretty much any studio that's any good will have card payment facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 g.a.b.e.

Star Lord wrote: »

While I agree that a good studio should have card payment facilities, this is not always the case. Same goes for all industries. A bad studio can accept card payments, and a good studio may only accept cash.

I'm really just asking if anyone has paid with their card and where it was.

• Advertisement

The majority do, be they good or bad. Could be worthwhile to just ask that as part of your research into the artists for your sleeve.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Star Lord wrote: »

don't be so sure, those things cost a **** ton to rent for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Skin City didn't have CC facilities in their old shop. Don't know about the new one.

Fairly certain that Wildcat South accepts cards.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I would say it's nearly a 50/50 chance of tattoo places accepting cards. I know Colourworks and Dublin Ink didn't anyway, last time I was in their shops. I'd probably have a lot more tattoos if tattoo places did accept cards :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Most places I've got work done in tend to be cash only. A few might have a Paypal set up so that could work. Card terminals cost an absolute bomb to maintain and probably not worth the money for most studios I'd imagine. Only place I can think of with a card terminal is Wildcat

• Advertisement

I know Wildcat do, and Snakebite do (or did last time I was in there)

Advertisement