Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cz452 rear sight?

Options
  • 21-06-2015 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭

has anyone tried removing the rear sight on their CZ 452?

The remaining base on mine is forcing me to use high mounts on my 44mm objective, I have lower mounts, not sure are they medium or low but they are a about 2-3mm away from clearing the rear sight, which isnt much good to me really.
    At the minute the scope is half an inch away from the barrel, Its uncomfortable to shoot and the hawke varmint 4-16x44 is out of clicks and still shooting too low to zero the scope at 50 yards.

Ive swapped the front and back mount around like ive read before but havent got to check will that work.

Anyone else tried filing it down or removing it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hathcock

garv123 wrote: »
    has anyone tried removing the rear sight on their CZ 452?

The remaining base on mine is forcing me to use high mounts on my 44mm objective, I have lower mounts, not sure are they medium or low but they are a about 2-3mm away from clearing the rear sight, which isnt much good to me really.
    At the minute the scope is half an inch away from the barrel, Its uncomfortable to shoot and the hawke varmint 4-16x44 is out of clicks and still shooting too low to zero the scope at 50 yards.

Ive swapped the front and back mount around like ive read before but havent got to check will that work.

Anyone else tried filing it down or removing it?
    Push down on the front of the sight with a screwdriver and at the same time pull it backwards to remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

hathcock wrote: »
    Push down on the front of the sight with a screwdriver and at the same time pull it backwards to remove it.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/318604/352785.jpg

This is the bit thats left, looks like its soldered on or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hathcock

garv123 wrote: »
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/318604/352785.jpg

This is the bit thats left, looks like its soldered on or something like that.

Far as I'm aware there isn't any way to remove the pictured part, and unless you plan to keep the rifle for good it wouldn't be a good idea to file it down either, because it would devalue it for any possible sale or part exchange in the future.

Advertisement