Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters in accounting or acca?

Options
  • 21-06-2015 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I have first 6 acca exams done+ job in a small industry place as a bookkeeper, however the workplace is not very solvent and might soon end up.lol
    I got accepted into DIT MBS international accounting full time course(my honours is from foreign institution). The MBS is a new program in DIT and only gives the first 9 fundamental exemptions from acca.
    The greatest benefit I see from doing masters is that I will be eligible for the grad scheme jobs.
    Basically my question is it worth the hassle and money doing MBS or would I get pretty much the same just doing the acca exams by my self?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭marizpan

The max exemptions for acca are the nine fundamentals, do the masters will only give you another three.
    What is of most value, is qualifying as an accountant and having good work experience.
    Ate you having difficulty finding better work? Would the masters help this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Martyy

marizpan wrote: »
    The max exemptions for acca are the nine fundamentals, do the masters will only give you another three.
    What is of most value, is qualifying as an accountant and having good work experience.
    Ate you having difficulty finding better work? Would the masters help this?
    I think masters would boost my career alright however i got an offer for a fund accountant role and now cant decide whats better or worse:the insolvent industry place or a dead-end fund accountant job..
    I think i will stick with the fund as the pay is ok and try to get as most exams done in a year as possible.

Advertisement