Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New gun BAIKAL MP-43E DOUBLE TRIGGER

Options
  • 21-06-2015 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Went in today to gun shop and picked up a baikal mp-43 e double trigger.
    Does anybody own one or have shot one?Can it be used for clay also?
    Got it for 400 second hand in very good nick.Needs a Rubber butt pad for extra length and reduce recoil any suggestions?Licence filled out cant wait!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

1shot16 wrote: »
    Went in today to gun shop and picked up a baikal mp-43 e double trigger.
    Does anybody own one or have shot one?Can it be used for clay also?
    Got it for 400 second hand in very good nick.Needs a Rubber butt pad for extra length and reduce recoil any suggestions?Licence filled out cant wait!

You can use it for whatever you wish to use a shotgun for. Tough as old boots, no frills , solid as can be tends to be what Baikal stands for. If you're going to be shooting clays with it use very light loads and your shoulder will be functioning as normal the next day.

It's essentially a game gun hence not as good at recoil absorbing as a true trap or sporter gun which means your shoulder will get more of a pounding, don't worry about the gun though it'll hack tens of thousands of cartridges with a minimum of care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Were u in Griffin Hawe about lunch time Saturday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Were u in Griffin Hawe about lunch time Saturday ?

Ye was me :)
    U customer or one of the lads working dare?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Will_mck

Hi there, yip got one of these guns. Very reliable and tough, they're also light too which is great if you're carrying it around all day. I use it for decoying pigeons and crow and do a bit of clays now and again. There's a fair kick of them alright but it'll make a man of ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Will_mck wrote: »
    I use it for decoying pigeons and crow and do a bit of clays now and again. There's a fair kick of them alright but it'll make a man of ya!

How do u fair out clay wise is it a okay gun for it nothing to serious?

Did u put a rubber butt pad on it looking to put one on for extra length but want one that fits nicely.

• Advertisement

I find its a good gun for all round stuff, it belonged to my father, it's the first gun I learned to shoot with and I've used it on my farm for the last 15 years, it is a cheaper gun but it's light and rugged and because it's no Beretta or browning I don't mind if it gets an odd scuff when it's out. I shoot clays with a friend and he has a nice benelli over and under and a fancy new browning semi-auto but he doesn't hit any more than I do. I don't have a rubber butt plate on mine but yes it would help with recoil alright. Bisley make a good butt plate and they're adjustable for a better fit, I'd say you'd see them on eBay

Oh and the longest cartridges I use are 70mm long, not sure if it'll take anything longer. It doesn't eject empty shells and it's Half choked for the right barrel and Full choke for the left barrel both are fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Had a double barrel Baikal myself great gun. Great for everything and there a good solid reliable gun.
    Hope the license goes through quick enough for Ye. Best of luck with it lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Don't think id ever trade my baikal in. Solid gun. Been through hell and back and still never misses a beat.
    New fore end is all I got for it and has ever needed.
    Great gun.

Advertisement