Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worst house/flat mate ever

Options
  • 20-06-2015 10:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43

what has been your experiences? what happened? how did u resolve it? me people nicking bread, butter, stole buy 3 bottles of vodka that i keep for special occasions and filled them with water, didn't find out for a couple of months, music too loud etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Kept screaming when I peered at them though the bathroom keyhole

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Some dick head who was always moaning about the volume of my music, got my own back though, I drank 3 bottles of Vodka on him and filled them with water. Sure he was never going to drink them anyways, he didn't have any friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Some dick head who was always moaning about the volume of my music, got my own back though, I drank 3 bottles of Vodka on him and filled them with water. Sure he was never going to drink them anyways, he didn't have any friends.

Hold on a second, you sound like you could be the room-mate the OP is complaining about!

What a coincidence!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

This one time in bandcamp, some fella I was sharing a room with kept making noises with his cheeks... At least that's what he told me those noises were....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

Realist2 wrote: »
    what has been your experiences? what happened? how did u resolve it? me people nicking bread, butter, stole buy 3 bottles of vodka that i keep for special occasions and filled them with water, didn't find out for a couple of months, music too loud etc

I had one who took all of the plates, cups, knives, forks and hid them in her room and locked the door. Had to call the landlord to come over and convince her to put them back.

Another guy who used to come home from work before everyone else and then watch five or so hours of soaps every night and refused to let anyone change the channel. Emmerdale, Coronation Street, Home & Away, Hollyoaks, EastEnders, Ros na Run, Fair City, Doctors etc. Used to drive everyone else in house nuts. Eventually we put a child lock on the TV and hid the remote so he couldn't use the living room TV. After that he bought a small portable TV and fúcked off to his room to watch his soaps. Never once saw him eat anything besides hang sandwiches either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Ah, Smelly Bella. Woman wouldn't shower, pretended to shower at times.

Used one of the lads socks as a jam rag, then put it back in his drawer. Used.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

an alcoholic girlfriend beating drunk moved into the house i was sharing when i first moved out,i was only a youngfella at the time liked a chilled out smoke which did not go hand in hand with an idiot roaring threats through the wall

anyway i put up with it for about a week and then a phonecall was made, visitors arrived to the house that night and he moved out the next morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Shared a room with a nice Spanish girl in the city centre of Dublin. Suited me grand as I was only there four nights a week max as I worked back in the west.

And then came the night that my roommate got lucky. I'll never forget her ''si, Si SI'' cries in the throes of drunken passion. Or the night she put her mate in my bed and I arrived back at 12am to find him in my bed fast asleep. Apparently she did that every weekend when I went back to work. Asshat Spanish girl. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

an alcoholic girlfriend beating drunk moved into the house i was sharing when i first moved out,i was only a youngfella at the time liked a chilled out smoke which did not go hand in hand with an idiot roaring threats through the wall

anyway i put up with it for about a week and then a phonecall was made, visitors arrived to the house that night and he moved out the next morning
    Did you call the A Team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Shared years ago with a nutter that moved in his girlfriend without asking which was bad enough but she always made him sleep on the couch in the sitting room for some reason. You couldn't get upstairs without going through the sitting room so I'd come home any time after 9.30PM and he'd be asleep in pitch dark and hiss violently at me for waking him up. I eventually ended putting him up against the wall but thought better of it and just walked out and left son after.

Actually found out later he was apparently beating the girlfriend after I left so should have just slapped him when I had the chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Did the visitors have a party or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

Did you call the A Team?

Shush you, he's trying to be a badass and you're ruining it.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Did the visitors have a party or something?

yeah with his head

RonanP77 wrote: »
    Shush you, he's trying to be a badass and you're ruining it.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Lived with a proper creep not so long ago, he would block your connection to the WiFi if he thought you weren't gonna come out of your room for the night (after a weekday day of work like)

Spend a few hours in your room and come down to the kitchen? He'll be there waiting (every time) and asking what you were doing in there. This guy had no life and made us ( me and the other lads in the house) his business.

We're all working professionals and he was a professional dope smoker. I've never met anyone with so little going on in their own life and such an obsession for random people he lived with. He called us "family" at one point. Now this is a house where tenants come and go kind of on a yearly basis.

He'd watch movies on his laptop out in the back under the bedroom windows where he smoked at 1 or 2 in the morning at top volume as we tried to sleep for work the next morning.

Thinking of a lie in Saturday morning? Nope, he'd be out hoovering his car with the music blaring at 7am. The guy had no reason to be up but weekdays he'd get up especially to watch you eat breakfast at 6:30am and annoy you with crap about the other house mates then I'd assume he'd f*ck off back to bed once I'd gone to work. Come home from work he'd be there waiting again, every evening. I'd make my dinner and he'd be hovering around questioning my cooking even though I cook the same sh*t every single day.

Most irritating c*nt ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Do cats count?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Leif Johnson

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Lived with a proper creep not so long ago, he would block your connection to the WiFi if he thought you weren't gonna come out of your room for the night (after a weekday day of work like)

Spend a few hours in your room and come down to the kitchen? He'll be there waiting (every time) and asking what you were doing in there. This guy had no life and made us ( me and the other lads in the house) his business.

We're all working professionals and he was a professional dope smoker. I've never met anyone with so little going on in their own life and such an obsession for random people he lived with. He called us "family" at one point. Now this is a house where tenants come and go kind of on a yearly basis.

He'd watch movies on his laptop out in the back under the bedroom windows where he smoked at 1 or 2 in the morning at top volume as we tried to sleep for work the next morning.

Thinking of a lie in Saturday morning? Nope, he'd be out hoovering his car with the music blaring at 7am. The guy had no reason to be up but weekdays he'd get up especially to watch you eat breakfast at 6:30am and annoy you with crap about the other house mates then I'd assume he'd f*ck off back to bed once I'd gone to work. Come home from work he'd be there waiting again, every evening. I'd make my dinner and he'd be hovering around questioning my cooking even though I cook the same sh*t every single day.

Most irritating c*nt ever.

Sounds like a nosy prick

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Sounds like a nosy prick

I'm sure September 23 1989's friends could put some manners on him :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Lived with 2 friends for 2 Years.

We all worked but these 2 were party mad.

We had a rule that there would be no smoking in the house and after a whileI came home and began to notice the smell of smoke and eventually caught the 2of them smoking everywhere(I didn’t bother saying anything and just gave inbecause I knew they wouldn’t listen anyway and would smoke when I was out)

they starting inviting people up for parties(Yokes and coke and stuff) andwould party all night. Drinking, talking and playing music loud. I used to stayup too(just smoking) but at times it became too much. I used to have work at07:00am and they would go all night and I'd get no sleep at all.

Even nights when there was no parties they would be blasting the tv that theneighbours could even hear.

everything in the house became an ashtray(bowls, plates etc).

They never bought food and used to secretly steal my food. One of them nevercleaned and when he did his washing he would take them out of the washingmachine and throw them on the kitchen table in a ball and smell of mould aftera day or 2 would develop.

We all got on but I couldn’t handle there constant partying and staying upall night. Our friends are a bit wild(outgoing) & loud and would come up tothe house and be beating down the door shouting waking up our neighbours(they didn’tseem to care about others to be honest)

so in a nutshell, Didn’t clean. Constantly had parties & took drugs(2-3a week) smoked in every room and everything was an ashtray which was just leftthere, damp clothes lying around, and stealing food

eventually, I had enough and left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

3 fellas when I went to college in the academic year 1999/2000. Night time entertainment was bringing home their fvck buddies and doing it. And a giant homer Simpson poster in the living room - homer saying d'oh. :-/ I moved from there asap after 5 weeks or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,940 ✭✭✭circadian

Lived with a friend and my bro years ago. I was on the dole at the time and doing a government funded course. I was always able to pay my share of the bills despite having little money. My bro was the same but had a job. The friend was easily the highest paid and had a decent job but always dodged topping up the electric, pitching in for oil and was late for rent payments.

He also managed to get the biggest bedroom in the gaff, no idea how that happened. Never done dishes or cleaned anything, just a general lazy pain in the hole.

5 months into the lease he walked out of his job for no good reason and buggered off to England leaving myself and my bro to cover the rent. This meant that I had to leave the course I was on, 6 months into 9 in total, to get a minimum wage call centre job.

A few of my mates still pint with him when he's home but to me he's a flakey, self centered asshat that happily leaves others paddling up sh!t creek without a paddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I lived with a friend from home for about 5 months, 5 months was enough! He's great craic to be friends with, but we didn't get on as housemates.

He would constantly come home very late and have parties when I had to get up for work at 6.30. Came in one evening after work and himself and some fella he was seeing were wearing my pyjamas that were drying on the clothes horse. He never paid the rent on time. Liked his drugs.

The best was one morning my boyfriend and I came home and he (the housmate) was passed out in the kitchen. Then he woke up, pissed all over the kitchen floor, and went back to sleep again. He woke up about an hour later, looked at the piss on the floor, and went upstairs to bed! I had to clean it up because I couldn't leave it there any longer :(

Couldn't wait to get out of there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Never lived with serious party animals or girlfriend beaters, but I did share a house once with a girl who used to come home from her fairly active job and take off her work boots and socks and wander round the house in her bare feet.
    she was also partial to really stinky cheese and never wrapped it in the fridge.
    To this day I open fridges with my breath held in the mornings!! :-(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Lia_lia wrote: »

He would constantly come home very late and have parties.

... himself and some fella he was seeing.

Karl Pilkington - never wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,817 ✭✭✭stimpson

Of the three people I live with there are two that refuse to work. Happy to eat what you've cooked but never cook anything themselves. Never do any of the housework and are always borrowing money.

The other half was woken up last night at an ungodly hour by the sound coming from the bedroom next door. She had to go in to get the little prick to shut up.

Neither of them drive and I find myself Always being hit up for a lift here or there. They're always going to parties - far more than me and I work for a living. In fact their life seems like one long party. Reading the story of cleaning up piss of the kitchen floor brings back memories too.

I'm nearly at the end of my teather. Once they finish school I'll be packing them off to college somewhere down the country for a few years to get a bit of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

One lad in a house I rented 4 years ago came back at all hours of the morning one time and, for no clear reason, repeatedly kicked my housemate's bedroom door, while the housemate was asleep inside the room.

That was within a fortnight of us moving in. He was given the boot by the landlord the next day.

Advertisement