Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OW swim around Dublin

Options
  • 20-06-2015 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

I know it's best to swim with a buddy or in a group, but sometimes that's not possible and where do you go for open water swim then (Dublin area)?

Since the main goal is probably not so strong current + no necessity to go to far from the shore the only place that comes to my mind is Bray in front of the promenade, but is it allowed there and is that even a good idea? Any others?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭micar

Should be swimming in a group of at least 3.

Plenty of places to swim. I like high rock in Portmarnock.

Can also go to seapoint, 40 foot, killiney, bull wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

For what it's worth there are lifeguards on duty at Greystones, Bray, Killiney, Sandycove and Seapoint from June to September. Other areas Northside too no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

cjt156 wrote: »
    For what it's worth there are lifeguards on duty at Greystones, Bray, Killiney, Sandycove and Seapoint from June to September. Other areas Northside too no doubt.

So as I suspected, it's allowed and normal to take a dip in Bray? Might actually try it out soon...

Any time suggestions - mornings, afternoons, evening - what and why you prefer?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

iAcesHigh wrote: »
    So as I suspected, it's allowed and normal to take a dip in Bray? Might actually try it out soon...

Any time suggestions - mornings, afternoons, evening - what and why you prefer?

Time for me is the balance between work and tide times. Generally prefer the evening.

Advertisement