Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paving

Options
  • 20-06-2015 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

I am considering getting Paving on the footpaths from the front gate and back gate leading in to the house and in a few other places, and would appreciate a few opinions please -
    1. Is natural stone the hardest wearing.
    2. Can the paving be laid on concrete paths.
    3. What thickness of concrete is used to lay the paving.
    4. What is an average price per sq metre.
    5. Any well recommended contractors in the Ennis/Limerick area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭rje66

cnoc wrote: »
    I am considering getting Paving on the footpaths from the front gate and back gate leading in to the house and in a few other places, and would appreciate a few opinions please -
    1. Is natural stone the hardest wearing.....they're all hard wearing
    2. Can the paving be laid on concrete paths....yes
    3. What thickness of concrete is used to lay the paving. About 2 inches
    4. What is an average price per sq metre.....to buy between15-45 Euro,depending on choice
    5. Any well recommended contractors in the Ennis/Limerick area.

Also to consider if you have AJ or manholes in your concrete.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭cnoc

2 of the paving slabs have lifted from their position, i.e. about 1/4 of an inch of one side of the 2 slabs have lifted. Both of them are located in the middle of a footpath. The contractor will put them right next week. Any suggestions what may have caused this problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

cnoc wrote: »
    2 of the paving slabs have lifted from their position, i.e. about 1/4 of an inch of one side of the 2 slabs have lifted. Both of them are located in the middle of a footpath. The contractor will put them right next week. Any suggestions what may have caused this problem.

Most likely causes include, not properly set in position and/or uneven/insufficient mortar under slab or slab was walked on during setting?

Advertisement