Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antibiotics and a Tongue Piercing

Options
  • 20-06-2015 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hey guys,

Going to get my tongue pierced on Wednesday, but I've had to go to the doctors with a kidney infection. He's prescribed me antibiotics (Augmentin) but I'm wondering will I still be able to get it pierced?

I know you shouldn't take any meds with blood thinners but I don't think Augmentin contains any of them? (If someone could list me out them that'd be great) Should I hold off on them until after Wednesday or what?
    I know it'd be handy to take them to possibly prevent an infection in my tongue but I'm just wondering would it create any problems?

I've looked it up and there's a lot of people saying you should wait until you're finished the course of antibiotics cos of healing and stuff but I've planned this for ages and there's no other time of getting it pierced because I'm either too busy or away for most of the summer:(

I'd like to hear from a piercer if possible rather than stories because you know the way people's body react differently to different things:) thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I'm not a piercer but I am a medical professional. Antibiotics will reduce the amount of good bacteria in your body as well as the bad bacteria causing the infection, as a result of this you are likely to become run down and healing a new piercing can be quite difficult.
    You could take a probiotic and a multivitamin to help but you're right, it's not the ideal time to get a new piercing.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

This thread is kinda skirting the line with medical advice, but postpone your piercing until you're well if you want the best chance for it to heal without any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Your body is currently fighting an infection and you think the best thing for it would to be open a fresh would it will have to heal also

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Your body has enough of a fight on it's hands as it is, you'd be best off postponing the piercing till it has won this round. It'll make the healing process much easier and more pleasant for you.

Advertisement