Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hey there, skating as an adult query

Options
  • 19-06-2015 5:46pm

I was a skater during my teenage years but I got older and kind of life got in the way. I'm 25 now and have a hankering to get back into it. My thing is I feel like I would look stupid skating around with a beer belly at 25 :o

Does anyone have any experiences of going back as an adult?

Comments

Update on this situation in case anyone cares :P

Got new board which i know isn't great but I think boards have improved a lot over past 10 years?

I been out for a few skates and am olling but still know no one who is into skating and just playing around on the country roads. Fuarking hell when I skated when I was younger I was very in shape so I didn't realise how much cardio skating took at the time, I'm very unfit now and i was ****ed after a few mins. Really happy I made the leap to get back into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

Which part of the country are you in? Recently bought a new board myself, aged 22 though so don't look too out of place but still feel a bit stupid almost starting from scratch when there's kids half my age whizzing about. Haven't skated since I was 15.

Which part of the country are you in? Recently bought a new board myself, aged 22 though so don't look too out of place but still feel a bit stupid almost starting from scratch when there's kids half my age whizzing about. Haven't skated since I was 15.

Im down in Waterford but can drive around to close enough counties. My calves are killing me going from no exercise to trying to cruise about and being overweight :(

I was able to do a few tricks while younger like kickflip/pop shove it/ ollie but at the moment I can get an ollie in and cruise around. The board I got is fairly crap so will be looking at getting a new one lol

Advertisement