Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skype interview - what to wear??

Options
  • 19-06-2015 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

Hi

Bit of a strange one so sorry if this is is a silly question.

I'm off to Spain tomorrow for 5 days. However, I got called for an interview today and i'm delighted that they are going to accommodate me via Skype. however, I have a concern regarding my wardrobe. for an interview, I would always wear a suit - however, we hadn't planned on bringing any check in luggage - just hand luggage and I don't fancy lulling a suit for the sake of 20 minutes - they told me the interview would be capped at 20 minutes. That said, I obviously won't be there in a bikini!! But what is acceptable - I have a formal dress typey thing that I could wear on the plane tomorrow. It's a summer dress but it's scoop neck (quite high though) and sleeves - navy and white striped. is that too casual??

sorry for this really inane first world problem question. If anyone has any ideas, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭smallgarden

If its skype then they'll probably only see top half so you could just bring the suit jacket or a formal looking top/jacket. Its hard to tell if the dress would be suitable without seeing it. Love the fact that a school is doing a skype interview, respect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

I had a skype interview to get the job I'm in now. I wore a t-shirt and boxers and did it sat in my bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

Dr.Sanchez wrote: »
    I had a skype interview to get the job I'm in now. I wore a t-shirt and boxers and did it sat in my bed.

Is your job on a televised sex chat line?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 patriciaf6

You can wear a plain tshirt and just pair it with a blazer for the 20mins! And maybe a necklace!! That's all you'll see!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Green_Zero

Have many people heard of schools allowing Skype interviews for people who are on holidays?

I could be wrong but I imagine the ETB will flat out refuse if I get an interview with them in the next couple of weeks.

In this day and age it should be easily done. It would be great if you could book July holidays early in the year without worrying about missing interviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

Green_Zero wrote: »
    Have many people heard of schools allowing Skype interviews for people who are on holidays?

I could be wrong but I imagine the ETB will flat out refuse if I get an interview with them in the next couple of weeks.

In this day and age it should be easily done. It would be great if you could book July holidays early in the year without worrying about missing interviews.

The ETBs have never had any incentive not to be arseholes on a powertrip in their treatment of applicants for posts. They could do what you suggest, but that could usher in other changes they wouldn't like. Likewise for many school managements.

Advertisement