Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The sense of loss after finishing a series...

Options
  • 19-06-2015 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭

I'm just after putting down the 14th book of the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson, and I'm faced with the dreaded sense of loss and misery at the completion of the books. The books took nearly a year to read between mishaps with getting them, and studying in my final year at college but now I'm left feeling sort of... hollow... You would think after hundreds of books that included dozens of series, you'd get used to it but alas, it's not the case. Although, it's a testiment to Robert Jordan, and later Brandon Sanderson who took up the pen after Mr Jordan passed away. I think I'm going to grab a big mug of hot chocolate and curl up in my duvet and hope I feel better tomorrow!

How do you cope with the "book hangover"*?

*I dislike this name, it doesn't quite capture the emotional loss you feel but each definition is pretty spot on

Comments

Advertisement