Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AliExpress

Options
  • 18-06-2015 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I ordered from two sellers on Ali Express on the 25th of May. In total I spent less than €8. I bought 3 hairbands from one seller which arrived yesterday but what worries me is these were dispatched after my first order! I ordered a romper to the value of €5.50. It was shipped through Yanwen Express which provides a tracking number. However, It's tracking status states its at 'the end' and it has been in Ireland since the 5th of June. I have considered customs but would they keep my item for this long? and as far as I know there is nothing to concern them about this package.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

Strange things happen with AliExpress deliveries. I've bought almost 50 items. Only one didn't make it here. It was stopped by Chinese customs. I ordered the same from another seller and I got it.

Delivery usually takes in or around 4 weeks. Some items arrive sooner and some up to six weeks. There are a lot of different tracking systems used by the Chinese and most are crap. Once they leave China there is no tracking until it shows up on An Post tracking.

Their dispute resolution system is good and when escalated AliExpress customer service are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dragon_turd

traprunner wrote: »
    Strange things happen with AliExpress deliveries. I've bought almost 50 items. Only one didn't make it here. It was stopped by Chinese customs. I ordered the same from another seller and I got it.

Delivery usually takes in or around 4 weeks. Some items arrive sooner and some up to six weeks. There are a lot of different tracking systems used by the Chinese and most are crap. Once they leave China there is no tracking until it shows up on An Post tracking.

Their dispute resolution system is good and when escalated AliExpress customer service are good.

I'm just concerned about the fact it's in Ireland for so long and I have not received it. , I was very impressed with my other items from Ali Express I agree they do seem like a good website. I don't know what action to take, I have messaged the sender but their english is not very good, should I just wait?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

I'd guess that it's not actually in Ireland yet but has departed China and after X number of days the tracking company assumes it has reached here. Try entering the tracking number in here: https://track.anpost.ie/

In the past I have waited until a couple of days before the end of the count down clock that is on the order page and then open a dispute. The dispute can always be closed if it arrives.

Thanks, I'll try that so!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

I had a few parcels like that, if you look at the tracking you will see that according to it, the parcel took about 1-2 days to reach Ireland, so that info is incorrect, I say item is someplace in Asia, if I recall correctly the previous step in the tracking has a flight number, if you google it you can see what country the parcel was in at that point, it will be another 2-3 weeks to get here.

• Advertisement

nava wrote: »
    I had a few parcels like that, if you look at the tracking you will see that according to it, the parcel took about 1-2 days to reach Ireland, so that info is incorrect, I say item is someplace in Asia, if I recall correctly the previous step in the tracking has a flight number, if you google it you can see what country the parcel was in at that point, it will be another 2-3 weeks to get here.

I actually seen that a couple weeks ago, it was in Dubai. Right okay I guess I'll just have to wait so, Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Not much point in waiting around ..............login to aliexpress and lodge a dispute with them .........

They will check it out and if it is still in transit , they will add extra time to the end of dispute

Advertisement