Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photoshop night course

Options
  • 17-06-2015 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

I have a friend who is looking to learn the basics of PhotoShop from a suitable college evening course.

Looking for a suitable evening course in Limerick, Shannon, Ennis.
    Could anyone share their suggestions, advice, experiences with any college courses so he makes a good choice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

A college course seems like overkill for Photoshop. Getting into the basics of photoshop is easy enough, it wouldn't be worth spending money to learn what all the tools do. It's how you combine all the tools that becomes a lifelong challenge.

I still think books are great for learning programs. I don't like online videos because you have to watch the video, then try it, then go back to double check, I think it's a slow way of learning (after you know you're way around photoshop and are just looking for techniques it's handy though)

I got Photoshop CS5 for photographers, it's a very detailed book for editing photos and would cover just about everything a photographer would want to know (I don't know if it's a bit erelivant at this stage). Even though it's a very big and detailed book it's only one of many I've bought.

I'd say he should get a book to go over the basics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

LCFE on Mulgrave street in Limerick do both a basic and advanced evening photoshop courses

Advertisement