Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renewals.........

Options
  • 17-06-2015 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Is it acceptable that a completed renewal which arrived registered and signed for on March 14th, was only received by the Superintendant (the next room on the corridor) on June 16?

Is it acceptable that the district clerk should refuse to arrange an appointment with the Superintendant on no less than four occasions, because she is aware that the intention is to discuss why she has been responsible for a plethora of applications/renewals going missing, including two of mine, for periods up to thirteen months......

It's frustrating how little can be done to resolve these farcical circumstances, which crop up all over the country..... :-(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭g00167015

Barely worth the hassle dealing with them.........speaking from experience

• Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Sounds like you got a runaround from GSOC too?Hmmm thats about 15 firearms holders who have had zero response from GSOC sofar....Keep them coming folks,the more we hear about GSOC not finding anything wrong in firearms cvases here,the stronger our case will become that we can present to the Dail ,Garda inspectorate and if need be Amnesty Intl[ that there is something rotten or collusion in the GSOC when it comes to firearm dealings here with AGS.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭g00167015

In my instance (which happened to arise during the processing of an fca), I was told that criminal liability in a string of offences against my data protection rights was inadmissable as a complaint............, with the excuse that the act allows for persons to correct data entries or have them removed.

That provision however cannot mitigate against what are criminal offences.

I sent a detailed written request regarding data entries to the member, VIA his Superintendant, but he twice refused direct written orders to provide the response to which he is legally bound. Only on this disciplinary matter was there any movement from GSOC, but in answering this matter, the litany of criminal acts will be brought to the fore regardless.

Thankfully at least so far, my GSIO is not of the type who is impressed by criminality and seems willing to do what is correct, in spite of whatever obstacles GSOC try to put in his way.

Still ongoing so we'll see :-) 37 months and counting but progress towards the resolution of a criminal matter finally being made.

Where frivolous excuses have been given by GSOC for discontinuing the investigation of a complaint, some of these cases are being examined by an Independant Review Panel composed of counsel appointed by the Minister.

Many of these cases were brought to the attention of the Minister; and indeed the Taoiseach in the wake of the disgraceful behaviour which was brought to light by the Guerin Report and by a Sergeant brave enough to speak out, finding himself being branded 'disgusting' by the then Commissioner for doing so.

Because of my unwillingness to be subjected to criminal behaviour like this, I've had even more delays etc purposely thrown my way at each opportunity by a small number of that persons collegues.......hassle which does not exactly help one's concentration at an important time of the sporting clays season

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭knockon

You could write again but on the end of your letter CC the following or some of...certainly your local politician. The person you are writing to may not want all this adverse publicity.

CC Garda Commissioner Noirin O Sullivan
    CC Garda Professional Standards Unit (GPSU) Phoenix Park
    CC Jack Nolan Assistant Commissioner, Organisation Development and Strategic
    CC GSOC
    CC Minister For Justice Francis Fitzgerald
    CC Chief Inspector Robert Olsen, Garda Inspectorate
    CC Office of the Data Protection Commissioner
    CC Justice Committee, Dail Eireann
    CC The Comptroller and Auditor General's Office

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

Correct me if im wrong but this is a case for breech of data under the Data protection act ie she failed to mind take care of what is private information belonging to you... Id be contacting the department asking WTF...

Advertisement