Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway / AranIslands / Burren

Options
  • 17-06-2015 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

Hoping for some advice here. I am playing tour guide again and am trying to weigh up some requests.

Would 4 days be enough to do Galway, connemara, and the aran islands AS WELL AS the burren

Should I book a place in Galway only and do day excursions or should I book separate bnb's for each outing?

Thanks for any info.

If you were me would you continue on down to Bunratty and Dingle afterwards or rest up for a few days before making another big trip!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

I can only help really with the Aran Islands bit! Depends really what you want to see there. If you've only 1 day you'll only see one island, unless it's a Sunday or BH Monday where you might be able to take in both Inis Oírr and Inis Meáin as there's an extra ferry around lunch time. Island Ferries is the name of the ferry company, Google them for exact times. There will b loads of boats going over and back to Inis Mór during the summer. It's VERY tourist orientated. Inis Meáin and Inis Oírr share a ferry as demand would be much less. Inis Meáin is very, very quiet. But I love it! PM me if this is more up your street and I'll give more advice. Inis Oírr, though smaller than Inis Meáin, is busier. Has some lovely pubs, a lovely beach and playground.

Whichever island you choose, stay overnight there is my advice and check out the pubs! 😆

Advertisement