Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax question

Options
  • 17-06-2015 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hey, was just unsure about my last payslip. Im totally unsure if im on emergency tax or not as this is only my second job.

I gave my current employed my p45 but i felt i still got taxed alot. Anyone care to share some light weather i am on emergency tax.

I got paid 260 and got taxed 40 odd euro leaving a net pay of 220....

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Is there a breakdown on your payslip of prsi/usc and paye?

You could also ask your payroll manager

• Registered Users Posts: 25,764 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Have you received a letter from Revenue, telling you about your new tax credits.

If not, give them a call and tell them your new employer's registration number (should be on you payslip) and what day you started there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Geniass

It's possible your previous employer under taxed you and it is now being corrected. Happens often enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Seymour101

I got a paye charge of 20.65 and a usc charge of 21.00

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Seymour101

It also says "Cut off: E" on it. Does this mean its emergency?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Seymour101 wrote: »
    It also says "Cut off: E" on it. Does this mean its emergency?

Yes

Advertisement