Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best conditioning training

Options
  • 16-06-2015 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Ankles shouldn't need much, you walk around on them most of the day so they shouldn't really be weak. Do roll them a good bit before exercise though.

For wrists push-ups on a clenched fist are OK, and maybe wrist rocks (rolling forward and back on your wrists while in the push up position).

Other than that, conditioning depends on your sport. If you're doing a striking sport then working a bag will help build up wrist strength. For grappling sports I personally haven't seen anything other than fist/wrist push-ups. I'm doing false grip training for gymnastics rings at the moment (google, etc), which is a lot tougher and (I hope) translates much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,106 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Nichololas wrote: »
    Ankles shouldn't need much, you walk around on them most of the day so they shouldn't really be weak. Do roll them a good bit before exercise though.

The issue with ankles isn't strength, its mobility. A huge number of people have ankle mobility issues, its almost a given for anyone starting out who has trouble holding an ATG squat.
    Walking puts ankles through a pretty limited ROM. Somebody with a restricted ROM will probably be able to walk about ok.

Gray Cook has some good stuff on ankle mobility, K Starr also.

Similar situation for wrist.
    This is a good guide for wrist exercises to prep up for handstands. It's geared towards gymnastics, but its essentially the same as my wrestling coach's warm up.
    http://gmb.io/wrist-flexibility/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement