Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volume Booster

Options
  • 16-06-2015 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

Hi,

So I recently bought a nexus 7 for my work commute as its over an hour and i can watch a couple of eps of my shows every day.As I live in London the tube can be noisy and it interferes with my audio/viewing pleasure!

Are there any apps that would boost the volume when I am watching a tv show on my Nexus 7?

I have googled a few but there are mixed reports so looking for the definitive app to boost the volume (free if possible)

thanks

frAg

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

frag420 wrote: »
    Hi,

So I recently bought a nexus 7 for my work commute as its over an hour and i can watch a couple of eps of my shows every day.As I live in London the tube can be noisy and it interferes with my audio/viewing pleasure!

Are there any apps that would boost the volume when I am watching a tv show on my Nexus 7?

I have googled a few but there are mixed reports so looking for the definitive app to boost the volume (free if possible)

thanks

frAg

Better headphones??

Or are you saying you listen using the speaker on a train?

what Video player are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Thanks for the reply. I use headphones and I use VLC player.
    The headphones are brand new earbuds.

Thanks

A

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

frag420 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I use headphones and I use VLC player.
    The headphones are brand new earbuds.

Thanks

A

VLC let's you "overclock" the volume - e.g. you can go to 200% etc..

I have a Nexus 7 and don't have problems typically in noisy environments..

Is it just your movies/tv shows ?

Depending on the source for those files they could just have low quality audio directly..

Have you tried Spotify or Google Music or the like to see if they play at similar levels?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

There's an app called Volume Booster, think it's still on the play store. Boosting volume can damage hardware so be wary of it

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    VLC let's you "overclock" the volume - e.g. you can go to 200% etc..

I have a Nexus 7 and don't have problems typically in noisy environments..

Is it just your movies/tv shows ?

Depending on the source for those files they could just have low quality audio directly..

Have you tried Spotify or Google Music or the like to see if they play at similar levels?

I have the Nexus volume up full for watching movies/tv shows. Its the only thing I use it for as I have spotify on my phone. I download the files from a "site" if you get me.

I will download spotify later to the Nexus and check it on my way to work in the morn.

thanks

• Advertisement

There's an app called Volume Booster, think it's still on the play store. Boosting volume can damage hardware so be wary of it

Colleague just mentioned that app, its downloading now so hopefully that will sort it out for me,

thanks

Advertisement