Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for a running event in June

Options
  • 16-06-2015 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I just moved to Cork and I am looking for trail run event for this month. Has anyone tips for that?
    And do you know where are good trail for training?

Thank you very much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SCGemini

Seasaidh wrote: »
    Hi,

I just moved to Cork and I am looking for trail run event for this month. Has anyone tips for that?
    And do you know where are good trail for training?

Thank you very much.

Hi welcome to Ireland , and better yet CORK!
    I'm not the most expereinced runner, have entered a couple of events (Mainly charity races etc) and only recently started running trails, the main training spot I currently use is 'Farran Woods" very easily accessed and found on google maps!

also I have recently entered a trail run in Fota Island Resort. It's 8km so is appealing to me for endurance but I am sure there will be some advanced runners there!

the event page is, fotaisland.ie/forest-trail-run
    There's more information on that for you!

Hope to meet you there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Seasaidh

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. That sounds very good. I will try the Farran Woods on Saturday and I just signed up for that Forest Trail Run at Fota Island. Thanks for the tip!

See you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Welcome to Cork! Below is your go to guide. It's a great site

http://corkrunning.blogspot.ie/p/calendar.html?m=1

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Seasaidh

Hi Skittles,

That looks great. Thanks for that!

Cheers

Advertisement