Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groupon Ireland Scam!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

what's the scam ?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Blut00

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

As this is a third party message, can you please elaborate what the situation is with this offer?

Sometimes the tag "Scam" can be applied when in fact someone has failed to read the full Terms & Conditions.

Unless there is some substantiation to the claim this thread may have to be reviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

Blut00 wrote: »
    I paid €34.95 for the groupon voucher, which listed a 100cm x 50cm canvas (plus postage of about €15)

However, the canvas of the same size, material, frame.....with no extras, actually cost me a grand total of €70 + €15 postage. Having looked at the small print, it appears I simply bought a discount voucher rather than what appears to be a print for the price stated at €34.95

Just a warning to you all, read the small print. I would have taken Groupon at face value, now I would be suspicious of anything they have listed!

Is that not how Groupon operates, you buy vouchers for things at a discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Blut00

Got it sorted, and quick!

• Advertisement
Advertisement