Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uk reg car impounded in Ireland. WHAT CAN I DO!?

Options
  • 15-06-2015 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all. Just looking for any info or advise.
    While i was away in OZ my uk reg car got impounded just over the border in CO Cavan. Because my half wit of a brother decided he'd take it for a spin with no road tax or M.O.T....

Anyway, i found out 6 months later when i returned to Belfast.. So i ring the Garda and they tell me the car is gone(Destroyed) and that theirs nothing i can do now. I try to argue my point, that i had no idea my brother was driving it as i was away in OZ, to no joy they tell me again there is nothing i can do. Meanwhile a wee mechanic friend of mine is telling me that they cant dispose of a UK registered car!

Does anyone know exactly what the Garda are legaly able to do. Or what would be my best course of action in this terrible situation? Or have any info or advise that could help me in ANY way possible?

:-/

Comments

Advertisement