Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silluette Glasses

Options
  • 15-06-2015 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

anyone else out there having issues with Silluette Rimless glasses

Went to Vision express and I thought buying the best rimless glasses would mean you got the best

But I found exactly the opposite

3/4 weeks for simple repairs, wrong arms fitted ( colour and Length ) wrong bridge fitted

A complete Nightmare

Bought a pair of Rimless from <SNIP> at a 1/4 of the price much better

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

You'll find that wrong sides, bridges, bad repairs etc are more to do with the people making the specs rather than silhouette themselves. Assembled correctly they are incredibly sturdy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mr Wonderful

I would agree but Silluette should make sure the people who sell them on their behalf can support the brand to the standard required no use saying it is not us it is the people we supply them to. If you purchase a premium brand you expect premium service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

I would agree but Silluette should make sure the people who sell them on their behalf can support the brand to the standard required no use saying it is not us it is the people we supply them to. If you purchase a premium brand you expect premium service.

In Silluette's defense they cannot be responisble for a third party (Vision Express) they can give all the training and guides till the cows come home but if the third party do not adhere to the guidelines / training there will not be much they can do apart from stop supplying the third party.
    I would bring the issues to vision express as your issue is with them and not Silluette.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

If there is a specific issue with the glasses you can seek redress from the seller under your consumer rights. If it's a case that you're not satisfied with the general level of service from a particular retailer you can try a different one.
    http://www.silhouette.com/ie/en/retailer_search/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Being somebody in the trade I can tell you that this isn't the case. An ideal situation and yes available, but not a requirement.

• Advertisement
Advertisement