Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAC - best time to go

Options
  • 15-06-2015 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Anyone know when is a good time to the NAC for a swim ?
    Every time I arrive up there seems to be only a couple of lanes open to the public, and you end up with a motley crew of swimmers of very different abilities, all struggling to get their sessions done. Improvers holding up the fast swimmers and fast swimmers making the improvers uncomfortable.

Besides the galas and events, which are flagged on the website - Does anyone have an idea on a normal week, what days and times will their most likely be full access to the public (if ever) ? P.S I work normal hours.

I have asked them and just said ring them before going, which I don't really want to have to do. Getting really p'eed off with that place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Best time consistently every week is Friday night 8-10pm, Sat nite 6:30-8pm, Sunday morning 8-10am, Sunday evening 6:30-8pm.

NAC usually clears out in the weekday mornings around 08:00/08:15 so between then and 50/25m changover at 09:30 you can have a relatively clear pool.

Times to avoid - any weekday evening Mon-Wed from 7pm-10pm, Sat morning 8-12, Sat afternoon 3-5pm, very busy on those slots. Thursday evening ok currently and likely to be quiet over the summer.

HTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Desmonddoyle

Absolutely perfect, great to know.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

I go Daily 12.30pm & always get a lane to myself... if you got at 1pm you might have to share a lane but never a problem. 25m format

When I go in the morning 7am the 50m usually has a few reserved for Swim Ireland but they rarely at full capacity & I just jump in & swim away

• Registered Users Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

In addition, each weekday from 09:30 to about 12:30 it's virtually empty. 25m format though, but rarely have to double up in a lane. Off-peak rates too.

Advertisement