Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert year stationery

Options
  • 15-06-2015 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I'm going to start fifth year in September and I want to be prepared as possible I'm doing 7 subjects irish, maths, english , chemistry , biology , french , business

Can a leaving cert student please give name a list of stationery I may need e.g do I need small copies and how many hardbacks pens and pencils etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 k88

Arelaie wrote: »
    I'm going to start fifth year in September and I want to be prepared as possible I'm doing 7 subjects irish, maths, english , chemistry , biology , french , business

Can a leaving cert student please give name a list of stationery I may need e.g do I need small copies and how many hardbacks pens and pencils etc

Most people do 7 subjects if not more so you're in the same boat as the majority...Usually 1 or 2 A4 hardback copies for each subject, a folder for each subject for hand outs and notes, a lot of pens!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

A folder for each subject with dividers
    A grammar folder for your languages
    5 A4 refill pads per subject
    'Small copies' weren't used in my school just A4's
    Maths set, 2 good calculators
    I think that's it to be honest :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

I'm not sure what subjects you sit but generally...

English, once nig folder with dividers for each section e.g Paper 1 then Paper II Single Text, Poetry (Studied and Unseen) and Comparative.
    Then have a hardback and A4 essay copy for each of the above sections.

Irish: A4 hardback for notes, A4 copy for essays and general work. Then have a folder for general notes and a separate A4 for oral notes.

Maths: A4 graph/squared copy, A4 notes, Log tables, Geometry set and TWO of the same calculators.

Sciences: A4 folder, A4 note copy, normal A4 copy, log books and an experiment copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Most teachers will tell you what they want you to have for their classes, the first few days back in September. If you want, then you can go on and organise things further with folders/dividers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

It seems like everyone is big into the folders. I've always preferred the shove everything into the copy approach :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Blue giant wrote: »
    It seems like everyone is big into the folders. I've always preferred the shove everything into the copy approach :p

This is me. I'm cleaning out my stuff and the notes shoved into my Irish copy are twice the thickness of the copy itself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 KatieHennessy

Blue giant wrote: »

Or the school journal! Maybe that's why the binding last about 5 weeks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 GemmaOG

I would have a hardback for each subject to write summaries of chapters that would be easier for you to revise in 6th year. I regret not writing all my notes in fifth year otherwise sixth year would have been easier!:P Make sure you have the right equipment for each subject eg. Maths set,calculator and tables book for maths. Flash cards are also dead handy for any languages for orals :)

Advertisement