Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Summer Road Trip

Options
  • 15-06-2015 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone planning any road trips this summer?

This year we're getting back on the road again after a few years of sedentary holidays.

(General route, not stops) Dublin, Rosslare, Roscoff, Bordeaux, Nice, Rijeka, Belgrade, Skopje, VourVourou (Greece),
    On the way back we turn right at the Alps: Ljubljana, Munich, Maastricht, London, Home.

Can't wait to show the young fella how big Europe is :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

josip wrote: »
    Anyone planning any road trips this summer?

This year we're getting back on the road again after a few years of sedentary holidays.

(General route, not stops) Dublin, Rosslare, Roscoff, Bordeaux, Nice, Rijeka, Belgrade, Skopje, VourVourou (Greece),
    On the way back we turn right at the Alps: Ljubljana, Munich, Maastricht, London, Home.

Can't wait to show the young fella how big Europe is :D

We've had talk in the group about us driving to faro for Ireland v Gibralter in September but I'd say its very unlikely anything will come of it.
    6 lads + one camper van = chaos :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭josip

tcawley29 wrote: »
    6 lads + one camper van = chaos :pac:

Perhaps, but think of the stories it would generate.
    Payment up front and anyone who changes their mind can always fly home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

josip wrote: »
    Perhaps, but think of the stories it would generate.
    Payment up front and anyone who changes their mind can always fly home.

Id say better wait until next year tbh. Better time to save up as we're all in the 21 age bracket :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

When the 406 gets properly sorted and has a fresh test, I'll see what tickles my fancy. Certainly I want to try 32 counties in less than 24 hours :D

I've always wanted to go to Chernobyl, I'm serious about that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

dgt wrote: »

+1, I don't know why but I've always been enamoured with the history of it and would love to visit it and Pripyat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

The e36 will be hitting the Nordschleife at the beginning of august. Going over for a Touristfahrten and a VLN race weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Past few weekends:

Philadelphia -> Boston -> Cape Cod

Philadelphia -> Long Island -> Manhattan

Philadelphia -> Niagara Falls -> Toronto

April:

Frankfurt -> Munich -> Salzburg -> Strasbourg

Last Year:

New York -> Phoenix, AZ -> San Diego [Coast to Coast]

San Diego -> LA -> San Francisco (via Highway 1)

2012:

San Diego -> LA -> San Francisco -> Boise, Idaho -> Klamath Falls, Oregon -> LA -> San Diego

I have to go see more of Europe :P

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

Last year me and the OH toured on the motorbike, Rosslare, Cherbourg, Caen, Reims, Belgium - Liege, Luxembourg- Luxembourg City which we really enjoyed there was a great festival on, and then after that into Germany - Koblenz. This year we are going in the car, Rosslare - Cherbourg and touring around Normandy,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Doing Rosslare - Fishguard. Then across UK to Brighton, then on to Dover - Calais. Overnight in Orleans, then on to Perpignan & Barcelona. Then tip across to St Tropez where the return route is tbc, might end up staying longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

dgt wrote: »

Always fancied this too. You can't just wander in however. Its pretty tightly controlled and have organised tours. Vice has a good documentary on it.

I briefly considered North Korea for a few days when I was in China but having that on your passport can cause issues getting into other States.

• Advertisement
Advertisement