Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right to redundancy

Options
  • 15-06-2015 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

I posted the beginning of this story in Legal a month a ago, but my situation has now changed, so Im hoping this isnt considered duplicate.

Im an AM in a company, myself and 1 other on my level were brought in 1 month ago and asked to help out with Admin as we were behind, which we did. We have now been handed a temporary secondment letter to this position for 6 months.

Over the past 2 years we have been downsizing, whereby different departments have been offered redundancy or the role we are doing now. It seems to me that my AM role has been deemed unecessary and this secondment is a way the company doesnt have to offer rendundancy.

In this 6 months, our current AM work will not be completed by anyone. It is a complete change of role, including duties, rotas and booking holidays. Is there any length of time a position must be deemed rendundant by default?

Advertisement