Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook planning to open data centre in clonee

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Boards needs a like button :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭fletch

You can always thank the post..

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Mentions Kilbride Road in The Journal article. Anyone know where Clonee Industrial zoned area is actually located?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭rameire

probably this area
    https://goo.gl/mVdH7S

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭fletch

Anyone got a link to the planning application?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭rameire

dont believe it is lodged yet

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I'd imagine it'll be considered Strategic Infrastructure and be lodged with An Bord Pleanála as opposed to Meath County Council. And their website seems to be only updated a week in arrears.

http://www.pleanala.ie/lists/2015/new/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Staplor

Yep that map is pretty much where it is, the Navan side of Kepak

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Codpeas

I'd imagine it'll be considered Strategic Infrastructure and be lodged with An Bord Pleanála as opposed to Meath County Council.

The provision of power to the site and the associated substation/control buildings falls under Strategic Infrastructure Development and will be lodged via An Bord Pleanala. The actual Data Centre will be dealt with by Meath County Council.

The following appears to be the pre-application consultation with An Bord Pleanala for the former:

http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/VC0087.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Sounds like a big Investment "FACEBOOK DATA CENTRE" your thinking thousands of jobs......but hate to pour cold water but will be manned by about 40 - 50 people, but still nice to see investment in the D 15 area!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

I agree it is nice to see investment in the D15 area, as well as those permanent positions there will also be construction jobs for both locals and not during the building of the facility, Having those extra bodies in our area during the construction will generate local revenue too, Its another small sign that the economy is on its way to getting normal again. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Wonder will they run a bus out in the mornings as there is virtually no public transport out that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Staplor

January wrote: »
    Wonder will they run a bus out in the mornings as there is virtually no public transport out that way.

They won't need to, there'll be feck all jobs, and the 70 bus will be pretty close to it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I notice Weslin construction have put up hoarding all along the N3 motorway between the Clonee and Tyrellstown junctions - does anyone know what's being built there - hardly the Facebook data centre as I imagine that would only be going through the planning stage right now. Seems like a big construction project judging by the length of the perimeter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Apple Green service station and food court.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Not 100% sure but think I recall that is going to be a Car dealership or similar

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

ronan45 wrote: »
    Sounds like a big Investment "FACEBOOK DATA CENTRE" your thinking thousands of jobs......but hate to pour cold water but will be manned by about 40 - 50 people, but still nice to see investment in the D 15 area!

Less than twenty I would say. And mostly people skilled in data centre operations and facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I think a garage is going there, possibly an Apple one.

Applegreen service station on one side of the road, car dealership on the other, at the Mulhuddart/Damastown junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭dodzy

Applegreen service station on one side of the road, car dealership on the other, at the Mulhuddart/Damastown junction.
    Car dealership ? I heard it will be commercial sales only (not that it matters too much).

• Advertisement

dodzy wrote: »
    Car dealership ? I heard it will be commercial sales only (not that it matters too much).

Could be commericial sales only, not quite sure all I know is a motor dealership of some sort is going in there. There will also be a Burger King at the Applegreen station if rumours are to be believed. I hope the rumours are true :p

Could be commericial sales only, not quite sure all I know is a motor dealership of some sort is going in there. There will also be a Burger King at the Applegreen station if rumours are to be believed. I hope the rumours are true :p

Great to hear if it will be a petrol station as it will be the most accessible for those of us in D15 who want to hit the motorway or M50 asap to fill up rather than having to take a drawn out detour to either Hartstown, Clonsilla or Blanch village for fuel! Burger King has opened in a lot of the recent Applegeens that have opened (Swords, Birdhill, Tralee etc) so that would be a handy snack option as well!

Edit: In fact, I just googled the Fingal council planning website and came across below which seems to relate to this development. Is that area actually called Old Navan road? It mentions a food franchise so maybe it will be Burger King and parking for HGVs and coaches sol looks like a fully fledged motorway service station.

http://www.fingal.ie/planning-and-buildings/apply-or-search-for-a-planning-application/search-planning-applications-online/searchplanningapplicationsonline/

FW14A/0087

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

ongarboy wrote: »
    ... it will be the most accessible for those of us in D15 who want to hit the motorway or M50 asap to fill up rather than having to take a drawn out detour to either Hartstown, Clonsilla or Blanch village for fuel! ...

+1

The Topaz garage in Mulhuddart will lose a lot of business to it I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭dodzy

Feck them, the Topaz garages around these parts are scavengers. Up until the last price hikes ( remember when daysul was down to around €1.20/l - and that's only in the last year ), all the Topaz stations in D15 were 8c -10c cheaper than petrol stations in Finglas. Now they are dearer in some cases!

That location / Applegreen combo will be a goldmine, no question. The Esso station just after the Travel Lodge on the way to the halfway house won't know what has hit it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

I notice they have the holes dug out for the tanks already, Just what D15 needs its so hard to get fuel with out getting into a que at any of the stations we already have...

dodzy wrote: »
    Feck them, the Topaz garages around these parts are scavengers. Up until the last price hikes ( remember when daysul was down to around €1.20/l - and that's only in the last year ), all the Topaz stations in D15 were 8c -10c cheaper than petrol stations in Finglas. Now they are dearer in some cases!

That location / Applegreen combo will be a goldmine, no question. The Esso station just after the Travel Lodge on the way to the halfway house won't know what has hit it.

Actually, just reading the application again on Fingal website and Maxol is the applicant rather than Applegreen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

ongarboy wrote: »
    Actually, just reading the application again on Fingal website and Maxol is the applicant rather than Applegreen.

I've heard Applegreen will buy Maxol at some point in time.
    Also, personal, i'm banning Esso & Topaz stations

It's going to be very hard for them to persuade me to change from my local station in Clonee.Nice & clean place, craic, staff, nice coffee, lovely breakfast roll.
    As I have a Diesel card, not interested in the price at the pump anyway :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Hope so, hope they all close and are taken over by non Penis O Brien companies, its worrying the Topaz monoply in the area and Dublin in general

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭annfield1978

Any link to the planning application?

Advertisement