Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duty Free

Options
  • 14-06-2015 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Does anyone know is it possible to get a boarding pass proceed, to security etc. Then go to duty free and buy things, however don't get on the flight and instead just go back home?

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,362 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

In order to buy actual duty-free in Dublin airport, you have to be flying to somewhere outside the EU or to the Canary Islands. In order to leave the airside area of the airport and go back out landside, you would need some explanation like you have just been notified that a family member had died or taken ill and the likelihood is that customs regulation state that you cannot take the duty-free goods with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

This is why other airports take your duty free after purchase and only give it to you upon boarding the flight. Wouldn't surprise me if DUB implement a similar clause soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭DiarmAFC

So would I still be able to purchase goods and walk out? all be it not duty free prices but would it still be cheaper?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭DiarmAFC

Today for example, 1 litre of grey goose was €47 in terminal 1, could I have bought that at that price or would I have needed a boarding pass? Also could I just ask someone in the shop to buy it for me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

DiarmAFC wrote: »
    Today for example, 1 litre of grey goose was €47 in terminal 1, could I have bought that at that price or would I have needed a boarding pass? Also could I just ask someone in the shop to buy it for me?

That seems to be the duty free price would need a boarding card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

That seems to be the duty free price would need a boarding card.

And would need a boarding card for outside the EU.

OP is there an ulterior motive to your line of questioning or is it just a curiosity? You seem to be thinking quite a lot about this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread Closed!

OP: pm me if you've any issues about this.

Thanks
    kerry4sam

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement