Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden Floors

Options
  • 14-06-2015 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭

Bought an apartment as an investment.What would be the best type of wooden floors to put in for tenants that would be durable?. From what I understand from other landlords in the complex they have to keep replacing carpets. Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Dinky22

Anybody out there? Would really appreciate any replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Vinyl laminate would be a good choice, but before you buy anything check are there restrictions on the use of wooden flooring in the building due to noise levels

• Registered Users Posts: 4,387 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Why do the other landlords keep replacing carpet with carpet? There may be (and frequently are) restrictions on having wood floor covering in multi occupancy buildings and apartments due to noise transmission. Rhinofloor or another good vinyl covering could be suitable if wood floors are not allowed. They come in a range of realistic wood and tile effects and if well fitted can look as good as the real thing.

Thank you so much Tabby aspreme and FishOnABike for your replies. Yes, Wooden floors are allowed in the apartments but maybe the reason the carpets are being replaced is that the wooden floors are very expensive. I will check out your suggestions. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about wooden floors and I thought it would work out more economical to have them rather than replacing carpets - but I could well be incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Dinky22 wrote: »
    Thank you so much Tabby aspreme and FishOnABike for your replies. Yes, Wooden floors are allowed in the apartments but maybe the reason the carpets are being replaced is that the wooden floors are very expensive. I will check out your suggestions. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about wooden floors and I thought it would work out more economical to have them rather than replacing carpets - but I could well be incorrect.

In terms of cost , laminates are going to be the cheapest by a long shot and look pretty ok. You might have to replace it every five years anyway ?

• Advertisement

Thank you recipio for your reply. I will check it out and go with laminate.

Advertisement