Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

False advertising?

Options
  • 14-06-2015 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭

I was looking to buy a certain product, I saw a supplier local to me and they had the product advertised on their website.

I wasn't going to be buying for a few months so while I was waiting I asked the Missus to get me vouchers from the supplier for Christmas and my birthday so it would take some of the sting out of the purchase price.

I went in to buy the item the other day only to be told that they don't supply that brand anymore even though its advertised on their site!

They are trying to offer me a different brand that I'm not really interested in tbh.

So basically I am kind of stuck with vouchers that are of no real use to me due to no fault of my own.

Have I any right to have the vouchers refunded?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Nope, none whatsoever as the purchase of vouchers did not contain any conditions such as having x product in stock at y time.

Shops continually change products and brands - even more so recently with strength of dollar and sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

You have no right to refund unless the T&Cs of voucher scheme allows it, which is unlikely. Shop vouchers are not a good way of saving for an item because it restricts you to one seller, vouchers may expire and you'll almost certainly lose out if the shop folds. A piggy bank would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Thanks for the info!

Advertisement