Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oracle Java Cert

Options
  • 14-06-2015 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭

is it worth it?

I've done C, C++, VB, and Java in college, mind you it is years ago now, but I am looking into a job, maybe in 2 or 3 years, where Java is a requirement

is the Java Oracle cert recognised by employers?

I'll be going in with no coding experience (referencable) so it would be a junior/graduate role most likely

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

arctan wrote: »
    is it worth it?

I've done C, C++, VB, and Java in college, mind you it is years ago now, but I am looking into a job, maybe in 2 or 3 years, where Java is a requirement

is the Java Oracle cert recognised by employers?

I'll be going in with no coding experience (referencable) so it would be a junior/graduate role most likely

Without previous work experience employers will definitely be looking for you to set yourself apart from the rest. Java certification may not be necessary but it is something that looks good on a CV but it's never really required for jobs. What will really help you when going for a grad/junior role is showing a portfolio of your work. So if you get certified you should do well in interviews and your CV will look good, but without showing personal projects you may not get very far compared to people coming out of a computer science degree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭arctan

hmm... good point ....

I suppose another option would be doing a top up degree in Computer Science

Advertisement