Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

That irish 1968 Lamborghini Islero home movie

Options
  • 14-06-2015 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭

This one: http://youtu.be/0vKbLD6_C8k

You know - the 21 year old who got the Lamborghini for his birthday, but was advised not to get a Muira because of the Irish roads. Great bit of insight into the factory, and wonderful to see it driving around the quiet roads of South county Dublin.

Well, it's always bugged me that I couldn't place where the buyer/car was located (the car drives by my parents house at one point in the film). I'd guessed Rathmichael or thereabouts, but through some unhealthy obsessing, and Internet sleuthing, I've finally determined the location of the house seen in the home movie. Turns out it was Loughlinstown, so not too far out. Wonder if the car survives today?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I've seen this fm before, how the other half live eh?
    Solid be great to find the owner/car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

There was a certain young Mr Galvin lived in Loughlinstown who drove a Muira, I remember it well, the location at the very end of the clip would fit also, maybe the Muira came after the Islero?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Zoo4m8 wrote: »
    There was a certain young Mr Galvin lived in Loughlinstown who drove a Muira, I remember it well, the location at the very end of the clip would fit also, maybe the Muira came after the Islero?

My understanding is that the Islero was exchanged for a Muira alright. Given the focus of the factory footage, you have to imagine that that's what he really wanted in the first place. I also believe he still has the Muira - or at least, did in 2007. It's pictured here: http://www.italiaspeed.com/2007/events/auto_italia_brooklands/gallery_lamborghini/101.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭kyote00

thats brilliant....

1st dash cam in dublin also !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

There are at least 3 Miura's in the Country, and I believe another following shortly. I dont know how many came in originally from new but the only one I have finally found (after years of speculation) is the fully restored RHD Orange one registered 8888 ZA.
    This makes it Dublin 1971 !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭okistag

Grew up in the area remember it well, near the end of the video was up near Rathmichael church. There was Lambo in our drive way a patient of my fathers early 70's makes me wonder

MercMad wrote: »
    I dont know how many came in originally from new but the only one I have finally found (after years of speculation) is the fully restored RHD Orange one registered 8888 ZA.
    This makes it Dublin 1971 !

That's the one that replaced the Islero, and in the pic above.

okistag wrote: »
    Grew up in the area remember it well, near the end of the video was up near Rathmichael church. There was Lambo in our drive way a patient of my fathers early 70's makes me wonder

I grew up in the same neck of the woods, and don't ever recall seeing either the Islero or Miura, but maybe I just wasn't tuned into exotic sports cars at that age. Mind you, I've a very clear memory of my Da's friend's Lotus Europa that lived in Carrickmines around the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Amazing footage - gas to see it driving on Rochestown Avenue (3:43, Graduate pub on right), and Glenageary Road Upper (4:02, that dip/bend in the road that always used to flood in heavy rain). I grew up around there in the early 70's, but never got to see any cars that nice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

alastair wrote: »
    This one: http://youtu.be/0vKbLD6_C8k

You know - the 21 year old who got the Lamborghini for his birthday, but was advised not to get a Muira because of the Irish roads. Great bit of insight into the factory, and wonderful to see it driving around the quiet roads of South county Dublin.

Well, it's always bugged me that I couldn't place where the buyer/car was located (the car drives by my parents house at one point in the film). I'd guessed Rathmichael or thereabouts, but through some unhealthy obsessing, and Internet sleuthing, I've finally determined the location of the house seen in the home movie. Turns out it was Loughlinstown, so not too far out. Wonder if the car survives today?

A chap I used to work with and whose father moved in wealthy circles mentioned something once about two young brothers who had Lambos and lived out that way back in the seventies. Allowing for minor inaccuracy on the dates and possibly third hand anecdote being passed on leading to exaggeration (unless he had a Lambo driving brother?) I would imagine must have been same family.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Type 17 wrote: »
    Amazing footage - gas to see it driving on Rochestown Avenue (3:43, Graduate pub on right), and Glenageary Road Upper (4:02, that dip/bend in the road that always used to flood in heavy rain). I grew up around there in the early 70's, but never got to see any cars that nice...
    Great spot - I must have driven that road 1000s of times and wouldn't have seen it.

I'll be driving to Loughlinstown tonight for football in another "classic". The place looks a bit different now. :pac:

Advertisement