Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ECCE scheme finishing this week??

Options
  • 13-06-2015 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hoping someone can help. My son is in the free pre school year and we were told on friday that the montessori is finishing this tuesday the 16th. but my understanding was that the grant is paid to the creche until the end of june? am i wrong? i know that creche's have different ways of charging, and we have been paying extra for him to be in in the afternoons. So i was expecting to have until the end of june when I would have to pay full price for him to be in. am going to talk to them on Monday, was in a rush on friday and taken off guard. Creche is great and they are very trustworthy so i am sure there is some explanation am just confused! thanks in advance for any help! x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I know for our montessori it is paid up until Wednesday week, but the school doesn't officially close until the Friday so it's optional whether we pay for the extra two days or just don't send her.
    I just did a quick google and the scheme covers 3 hours a day, 5 days a week for 38 weeks, so I'd imagine it depends on when the child started on the 'free' scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

You should have received a calendar with the exact days and weeks the school provides the ecce scheme at the start of the year. The school needs to do 38 weeks but they can choose when to provide them.

Advertisement