Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothes Donations

Options
  • 13-06-2015 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right forum so mods please feel free to move as needed :)

I have a lot of clothes and shoes that are a bit too small for me now and I would like to know where the best place to donate them would be. I thought about the St Vincent de Paul but it looks like they just sell items to raise money and I can't stand the idea of some bargain hunter snapping them up. I want the clothes to go directly to people who will get some use out of them.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

lizzyman wrote: »
    Hi,

Not sure if this is the right forum so mods please feel free to move as needed :)

I have a lot of clothes and shoes that are a bit too small for me now and I would like to know where the best place to donate them would be. I thought about the St Vincent de Paul but it looks like they just sell items to raise money and I can't stand the idea of some bargain hunter snapping them up. I want the clothes to go directly to people who will get some use out of them.

Any ideas?

Try do you own local research and you won't be long finding out the way each charity-shop operates with what's brought in for re-sale :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

It might be worth contacting you local homeless shelter or maybe a local woman refuge. They might take them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Try do you own local research and you won't be long finding out the way each charity-shop operates with what's brought in for re-sale :)

I did, I couldn't find anywhere that actually takes clothes and gives them to people in need.

Advertisement