Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The price of Fighting Sticks

• 13-06-2015 6:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

After doing so searching through the internet I've come to the notion that not only do fighting sticks hold their price, but they seem to increase in value with age.

How is this possible?? Are their not newer versions released each year?

If I worked on Wall Street I'd tell any potential investors to throw their money into them!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Newer sticks do come out and the older ones are discontinued which increases the price.
    Stick technology hasn't progressed much in the last few years, so they're pretty much the same apart from aesthetics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

PPC wrote: »
    Newer sticks do come out and the older ones are discontinued which increases the price.
    Stick technology hasn't progressed much in the last few years, so they're pretty much the same apart from aesthetics.

That's such a pain though. I was hoping to find a stuck that might have cost about 200 a couple of years back for maybe 100 or leats, but I saw them going for 300!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Hygro wrote: »
    That's such a pain though. I was hoping to find a stuck that might have cost about 200 a couple of years back for maybe 100 or leats, but I saw them going for 300!

Venom arcade stick may be your best bet

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Officially-Licensed-Playstation-Arcade-Stick/dp/B00NHDSINS

Dual mod and all

Cost is around €98 total

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,401 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Sure it really does matter on the cosmetics, as long as you can get some Seimitsu or Sanwa parts in there it might as well just be a block of wood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

In fact some arcade sticks are almost literally just a block of wood with buttons and a stick in em.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Nutrient wrote: »
    Venom arcade stick may be your best bet

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Officially-Licensed-Playstation-Arcade-Stick/dp/B00NHDSINS

Dual mod and all

Cost is around €98 total

Player1.ie is selling the one we opened for review for 90. pm me if you are interest as I have it atm.

No need to give Amazon your money.

Advertisement