Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best generic uniforms

Options
  • 12-06-2015 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭

So my 'baby' is starting school in September. Going to have a busy couple of summer months so thinking of getting her uniform speed sooner rather than later. I need to get shirts, pinafores/skirts and tights.
    Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations of which are the best (or ones to avoid) from the likes of Next, m&S, Dunnes, Tesco etc. They all seem to do ranges which aren't too expensive but just wanted to find out a few opinions.
    Jumper and tracksuit are school specific so won't be getting those from 'normal' shops.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I don't know about uniforms but the best quality clothes I've bought are from Marks and Spencer. Everything washes well and looks good as new. My girl is wearing stuff a year old that looks great. So I'd assume the uniforms are the same quality. I always found Dunnes rubbish for fit and quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

M+S have 20% off at the moment too. I ordered 2 x jumpers, 2 x trousers and 4 x shirts for €45.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭deisemum

When my lads were in primary it was a plain navy jumper, trousers and tie with a pale blue shirt and could be bought anywhere. I usually got the shirts, ties and trousers in Dunnes and the jumpers in M&S because the M&S jumpers could be tumble dried, the colour did fade but they didn't care. I sometimes got the trousers there too. I found the Tesco jumpers weren't great, ended up shapeless very quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

M&S for best quality hands down.

Dunnes fade quickly. Tesco go out of shape. I've never bought Next uniforms... but definitely M&S.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Thanks all so far. Sounds like M&S is winning! I had the Next vouchers which would make their uniforms half price so thought that would be a good deal, but will definitely check out M&S now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement