Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failed second year exams - help

Options
  • 12-06-2015 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hello! So i failed some of my second year exams in science and was wondering if anyone could help me with some questions ,
    1). Can i repeat second year and if so how?
    2). Could i start a new course in a different college and would i have to pay full whack fees if i did this?
    thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Are you not going to attempt the supplemental Exams first?
    https://www.tcd.ie/TSM/current/exam/supplemental.php
    Contact TCD about your options.
    If you were to drop out and start a new course you would have to pay full fees for first two years of new course

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

You get one shot of free fees per year of your degree, so if you started another course you'd pay for first and second year again.

You can repeat the year but you'd have to fail supplementals first, some people do it on purpose to get a second shot at their first choice of moderatorship. But by doing that you're taking the risk of repeating a year and still not getting what you want. If that's your plan I'd only recommend it if there was some particular reason you did badly in these exams i.e. illness, family problems or other circumstances that were beyond your control. People start with the best intentions but can fall back into bad habits quickly, if you're going to repeat just make sure you're not wasting your time.

Once the moderatorship places are offered you'll be able to see what courses are left and better weigh up your options. And make sure to talk to your tutor they're there for exactly these kinds of situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭notabasicb

Contact your tutor they are there to help in situations like these

Advertisement