Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAB reception of Newstalk 106 in Dublin

Options
  • 12-06-2015 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I bought a new DAB radio today and want to listen to Newstalk 106 in Dublin. How can I do this?
    When I scanned in channels I could get reception for only 21 and Newstalk was not one of these.

I would appreciate advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

None of the commercial stations are carried on DAB.

http://www.wohnort.org/dab/ireland.html

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Newstalk is only available on FM in Dublin. 106.0 would be strong across the city and 107.6 from Saggart supplements coverage along the N7 into Co. Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭noelfitz

Thanks for replies.
    With the new radio I now realize I cannot get Newstalk 106 on DAB, but reception is great on FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Harrumph

Unfortunately, I no longer can get NEWSTALK on the FM setting of my DAB radio - it completely disappeared one day and can no longer be found! The only place I can find it is in the car or on my phone. Can anyone explain this?

Advertisement