Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query about BF4 installation

Options
  • 12-06-2015 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Quick question. Is BF4 portable, in a sense, can I move the installation folder from one SSD to another?

Steam sale quickly filling up my main drive, and I want to move BF4 over to my dedicated "Blizzard" gaming SSD. Can I just move it or does it require and uninstall and reinstall(and redownload)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

TheDoc wrote: »
    Hi all,

Quick question. Is BF4 portable, in a sense, can I move the installation folder from one SSD to another?

Steam sale quickly filling up my main drive, and I want to move BF4 over to my dedicated "Blizzard" gaming SSD. Can I just move it or does it require and uninstall and reinstall(and redownload)

Yes. However each DLC pack needs to be done individually, separate from the game, or else you'll need to go at the registry to tell Origin the DLCs are installed.

Just copy the files to a safe place and uninstall the game through Origin. Then go and install the game again through Origin, choose where you want to install it, start the download (for 2-3 MB) then completely close Origin without pausing the download. Now copy the game files to the new folder without the Xpack folders in the "Update" folder. Open Origin back up, it'll verify the files and should install fine. Sometimes the patches don't work and you might need to install an 800MB patch or something.

Now do the same with each DLC pack, open Origin, start the download, close it, copy the files, and open Origin again.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I ended up just uninstalling and reinstalling, did it all during a three hour raid in wow so got sorted fully :)

Thanks.

Advertisement