Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

possible trouble ahead

Options
  • 12-06-2015 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all, just looking for advice on this please. I was on annual leave for the last 2 weeks and when I went in this morning a supervisor asked me to step to the side he wanted to have a word with me. I get on very well with this SV and have never had a problem with him, he informed me that in my absence my dept got a new assistant manager, who was previously a SV in my dept. He told me, that he was told by a third party, that this new manager "is out to get you". I was quite surprised to hear this as I thought I had a good working relationship with all my SVs. I asked him if it was said in a joking manner and takin up wrong by the third party and if the third party was reliable, he said that he wouldn't be telling me if he didn't think it was true. He told me that there had been a few customer complaints made about me and that this is why the manager said what was said. I work in a service industry and deal with a lot of customers on a daily basis, I would speak with about 2000 people per shift, anyone who works in such an industry will know that some customers just look for any reason to make a complaint about anything. Approx 5 mins later I seen a union rep, as I was about to tell him what I heard he stopped me and said "I already know what your going to say, our manager?" Now, like I said I've been off for 2 weeks and was informed about this at the earliest opportunity by a SV but a union rep already knew about this in my absence. I'm just wondering what to do, do I go to this manager and tell them what I've been told and see what happens from there? Or, do I forget about it and carry on regardless?
    Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

You have no proof so carry on but make sure you stick to the book on procedures, arriving in time etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Keep your head down and do your job the best you can.

New SV could be just blowing smoke, if you give no reason then nothing can happen.

Advertisement