Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wood burner and multi burner stoves

Options
  • 12-06-2015 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

I'm in the process of buying a stove. My first thought was multi burner, I suppose because I could burn solid fuel as well as wood

However the more I looked into it the more I began to think that a wood burner on its own could be a serious option if only because I wanted it for the aesthetic as well as for heating

Now most of the reports I've read have come from England where fuel is much cheaper.

So here my question has anyone out there a wood burner, or only burns wood? If so what's your annual running costs like? My local timber yard was quoting a figure of around £70 for a ton of seasoned hardwood, not kilm dried. From what I've read kilm dried is best, how much does it cost? What quantity would you use in a year. I have plenty of storage room

I have a multi burner at the moment and while the majority of my fuel is doubles I do burn quite a bit of softwood. As a by-the-way the stove I'm looking at is the Varde Aura 11 and I certainly would have bought if it had a been multi fuel but I'm sitting still until I get some idea of effectiveness and running costs

Advertisement