Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uploading from Gallery to Box

Options
  • 12-06-2015 4:52pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, i have suffered for the last few weeks with uploading from my S5 to the Box app (similar to drop box)

I go into SD card but the only thing i can find is the whatsapp picture gallery, where is my own gallery in the file structure?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Would all your photos be stored on the phone's storage rather than the SD card?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Would all your photos be stored on the phone's storage rather than the SD card?

That's the thing I don't actually have a SD card installed and I can't seem to find where the phone storage is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

That's the thing I don't actually have a SD card installed and I can't seem to find where the phone storage is

Dcim? Im sure you checked this.
    Have you installed a file explorer or maybe upload them through wifi overnight?
    Just spitballing here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭long_b

Hi guys, i have suffered for the last few weeks with uploading from my S5 to the Box app (similar to drop box)

I go into SD card but the only thing i can find is the whatsapp picture gallery, where is my own gallery in the file structure?
    Are you looking on the phone or have you the phone connected to a PC.?

Install ES File Explorer and see if there's an /mnt/SdCard or /sdcard folder appearing. Then as the previous poster said, look for a DCIM folder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

Hi...

do you have the relatively new Photos App, without Gallery?

You should be able to see your photos there.

If need be, try ES File Manager:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop

and go to

/sdcard/DCIM/Camera [or /mnt/sdcard/DCIM/Camera]

All your photos and vids should be there.

You can set up Box or Dropbox, etc, within ES.....

Go to side menu,

tap on "Cloud"(under Network),

tap + "new" on bottom menu

and you will have the choice of many Cloud storage services, which you will need to enable with your credentials for whichever service you want to set up.

You can then see all the contents of your Cloud storage like a folder, and move, copy etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement