Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

man who received 'mickey transplant' to become a dad.

Options
  • 12-06-2015 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭

There ya go now, nice to know your little soldier can battle on after you've passed away.
    A South African man who received the world's first successful penis transplant is to become a father just months after undergoing surgery, his doctor said.

Urologist Andre van der Merwe, who led the team that performed the operation, told AFP that the 21-year-old man's girlfriend was pregnant.

"I was informed by him that his partner is about four months pregnant," Dr Van der Merwe, who is based at Stellenbosch University, said.

"We are happy that there were no complications and his penis is functioning well," Dr Van der Merwe told AFP.

"There was nothing preventing him from having children because his sperm wasn't affected."

Dr Van der Merwe has previously admitted surprise at the speed of the man's recovery of sexual function however, saying the original goal was that "he would be fully functional at two years".

The man, whose identity has not been revealed, received his new penis from an organ donor in a nine-hour operation on 11 December at Tygerberg Hospital in Cape Town.

His own penis had to be amputated three years previously after a botched traditional circumcision.

The procedure, which often leads to deadly complications, is performed on boys and young men as a rite of passage to adulthood in some rural parts of South Africa. 
    http://m.rte.ie/news/2015/0612/707615-penis-transplant/

fair play to the donor, after the successful deed was done, I wonder if he turned in his grave, and then lit up a smoke?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Maybe she cheated on him?....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

At last, I can get a smaller one.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

"His own penis had to be amputated three years previously after a botched traditional circumcision."

*winces*
    *crosses legs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

kfallon wrote: »
    "His own penis had to be amputated three years previously after a botched traditional circumcision."

*winces*
    *crosses legs*

Tell me about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

<Harrumph> To the tune of "Yankee-Doodle Dandy":

De Valera had a cat,
    and he was double-jointed.
    And every time he went to town,
    He had his mickey pointed.

Thank you very much, thank you. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭wilhelm roentgen

Now that's a real organ transplant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Upgrade time.
    I'll take the Jamaican swingweight special.
    In white if you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭The Dark Side

What a dick move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I know a man had an unsuccessful penis transplant. His hand rejected it.

Advertisement