Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job help

Options
  • 12-06-2015 7:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I have been asked to do my first paid job. It includes photography and video capture of a birthday/house-warming with musicians playing. He wants DVDs and photos after. What do I charge. There will be two doing the capture and we are lost what to charge any help would be great thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

First work out your input costs.This is your Transport, Insurances (I presume you have this), phone calls, use of gear (depreciation etc), incidentals etc.

Next estimate how much time the job will take and what you will expect as an hourly rate. This should include the set up, shooting and post production. Do not forget your tax obligations.

You will then have a figure which covers your costs. You can then add profit.

Advertisement