Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best scenes in Trek

Options
  • 11-06-2015 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

for me though the biggest throwback of DS9... "it's a faaaaaake"
    Basically tricking the Romulans into entering a war

That scene is good alright. Good bit of tension leading up to it and well acted by all.

My fave moment in trek is the scene in Tng: yesterdays enterprise where Picard explains how badly the war with the klingons is really going. "Much worse than is generally known"

I think its incredibly well acted and its a great change in tone for the whole episode.

From that one moment you know bad stuff is going down.

There are loads more I think are good, but it is far and away my favourite.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

"There are four lights!"

"Five card stud, nothing wild.......and the sky's the limit"

"The line must be drawn heauaur!"

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I liked the DS9 season 3 finale (think it was Season 3?)....."You're too late....we're, everywhere...."

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yesterdays ent is very good, at that point there has been a few mentions by Worf that if there was a Klingon/Fed war the Klingons would lose so it was nice to see this turned around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭anvilfour

KHANN!!!

khan.jpg

To this day, this still kills me :D

And this still kills me, for entirely different reasons (Sarah, don't watch this it will spoil one of the greatest episodes for you!!!)

Seeing Voyager returning to the Alpha Quadrant was a good moment, despite the piss poor ending overall

And this is a total gem

• Advertisement

Yesterdays ent is very good, at that point there has been a few mentions by Worf that if there was a Klingon/Fed war the Klingons would lose so it was nice to see this turned around

Although the Klingons are more bad ass it seems that losing Praxis really messed up their Empire, you wouldn't have thought losing one moon would be that big a deal!

Also I imagine Federation have better science so could really produce super duper weapons if hard pressed... look at the Defiant after all! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

anvilfour wrote: »
    Although the Klingons are more bad ass it seems that losing Praxis really messed up their Empire, you wouldn't have thought losing one moon would be that big a deal!

I'd have thought that if Earths moon were to suddenly explode there would initially be a huge fallout, with something the size of the moon, probably lasting centuries-millenia. This would cause hyper climate change. Probably a severe planetwide destructive winter.

Then there'd be the effects on tides, the weather system, the planets orbit, tectonic plates, etc, etc, of the sudden removal of the moons gravity. Who knows what havoc that would cause.

As to Praxis, I feel its destruction would have had a similar effect on Quonos.

Any shots of Quonos we see have a very nuclear winter feel to them, which would seem to support this.

On top of that, I imagine that Klingons aren't huge on sitting around planning where they're going to build things, and planning thru to ensure even economic growth across the empire, so I picture Quonos as a sort of Dublin or London, dominating the entire nations industrial and economic production, so any disaster that befalls it is totally critical to the empire as a whole.

If some disaster were to befall London, or Dublin, wiping out their contribution to the UK or Ireland overnight, I can see the countries taking at least a century to recover.
    Also I imagine Federation have better science so could really produce super duper weapons if hard pressed... look at the Defiant after all! :)

The Federation is utterly ruthless in dealing with it's enemies.

Probably they would design some sort of biological weapon that would target Klingons genetically and wipe them out.

Probably they would design some sort of biological weapon that would target Klingons genetically and wipe them out.

Another good Trek moment I'd forgotten was Spok melding with Picard on Romulus, great moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

eLy1UmJ.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

O'Brien and Bashir quoting Tenyson's Charge of the light brigade as the federation begin their counter-offensive on the dominion fleet defending DS9 by targetting only cardassian ships to break their ranks, the quote is related to the fighters(raiders?) that were sent in, in the first wave of the attack, they were obliterated.

from DS9 sacrifice of angels and/or favour the bold, cant remember which :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭Daith

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Daith wrote: »

Considering Kira turns into a collaborator for a time, that's pretty intesting. I'd forgotten it had even happened.

For me, it always comes back to this scene. Over the battle scenes, and the light side, i always think of this as the best scene across the entire franchise.

The greatest moral lesson from DS9 from 'The Boy who cried Wolf':

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Can't find a clip on Youtube, but one of my favourite scenes is from The Apple (TOS).
    The landing party figures out they are being watched, Kirk sneaks around back of the guy spying on them, punches him in the face then says something along the lines of “we won’t hurt you, we come in peace”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

As a kid, one of the scenes I rewinded a played again and again, was the last minutes of season 5 in DS9,

When the Dominion have just conquered DS9 and Dukat holds Siskos baseball and knows it's a message "he'll be back", sisko sits in the captain's chair of the Defiant and the camera swings back to reveal a massive federation and Klingon fleet heading to war!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Data turning out to have an Irish mammy has to be one plot I wasn't expecting.

As a kid, one of the scenes I rewinded a played again and again, was the last minutes of season 5 in DS9,

When the Dominion have just conquered DS9 and Dukat holds Siskos baseball and knows it's a message "he'll be back", sisko sits in the captain's chair of the Defiant and the camera swings back to reveal a massive federation and Klingon fleet heading to war!!

The best part? The next episode, the start of Season 6 shows this massive Federation fleet being decimated and on the losing side.

This is maybe the best use of Dax and her history. I really enjoyed the relationship between her and Sisko.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

The greatest moral lesson from DS9 from 'The Boy who cried Wolf':

for me Garak was one of the best and most interesting characters across the entire series...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

One of my absolute favourite moments is when Sisko orders the Galaxy class ships to engage during Sacrifice of Angels.

2 Galaxys roll up and annihilate the Cardassians

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

then the 2 Mirandas get absolutely smashed, shame there wasnt a full fleet of Galaxy class out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

then the 2 Mirandas get absolutely smashed, shame there wasnt a full fleet of Galaxy class out there

Ah yes, there were a lot of Captain Expendables that day. Anyone in the support fighters died after the first few minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 33 tsofitch

Kirby wrote: »
    "There are four lights!"

"Five card stud, nothing wild.......and the sky's the limit"

"The line must be drawn heauaur!"

:P

:D love it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭crazyderk

This a scene I've watched hundreds of times!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

That scene is good alright. Good bit of tension leading up to it and well acted by all.

My fave moment in trek is the scene in Tng: yesterdays enterprise where Picard explains how badly the war with the klingons is really going. "Much worse than is generally known"

yup
    From that ep i also love his log that ends with Klingon battle cruisers on intercept course *jumps to bridge* Riker: Number and type of ships? Wesley: 3 Kvort class battle cruisers, not even troubling to cloak them selves....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

crazyderk wrote: »

This a scene I've watched hundreds of times!

One thing about Generations that just seemed ridiculous to me was the random back and forth uniform changes between the TNG and early DS9/VOY styles :confused:

Also shows how much better the TNG uniforms look IMO.. That said, the later DS9/TNG movie era uniforms are great but I think my favourite is probably the Wrath of Khan onwards red uniforms.

Advertisement